Here we start by describing GSTR-1. In GSTR-1, the suppliers will report about their outward supplies during the reporting month. As such, all the registered taxable persons are needed to file GSTR-1 by the 10th of the ensuing month. It is the primary or the start line for passing input tax credits to the dealers.
Who needs to file GSTR-1?
GSTR-1 has got to be filed by “all” taxable registered persons under GST. However, some specific dealers aren’t required to file GSTR-1; instead, they are required to file other different GST returns because the case could also be. These dealers include all the E-Commerce Operators, Input Service Distributors, the dealers registered under the Composition Scheme Non-Resident dealers, and Tax deductors. The GSTR-1 has to be filed even in the cases when there is no business conducted during the reporting month.
How To File GSTR-1 Online?
GSTR-1 has 13 different heads that are required to be filled in. We have mentioned the major ones here:
● GSTIN of the taxable person filing the return-
Auto populated result.
● Name of the taxable person – Auto-populated field
● Total Turnover in the Last fiscal year – this is often a one-time action and has got to be filled once. This field is going to be auto-populated with the closing balance of the last year
● The amount that the return is being filed – Month & Year is out there as a sink for selection
● The details of the Taxable outward supplies made to registered persons – CGST and SGST shall be filled in case of intra-state movement, whereas IGST shall be filed only in the case of inter-state movement. Details of the exempted sales or sales at the nil rate of tax shall even be mentioned here.
● Details of the Outward Supplies made to finish customer, where the worth exceeds to the Rs. 2.5 lakhs – aside from the mentioned, all such supplies are optional.
● The entire of all outward supplies made to finish consumers, where the worth does not exceed the Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
● Details of Credit Notes or Debit Notes.
● Modifications to outward supplies of previous periods – aside from these two, any changes made to a GST invoice has needed to be mentioned during this section.
● Exempted, Nil-Rated, and Non-GST Supplies – If nothing was mentioned within the above parts, then complete details of such supplies need to be declared.
● Aspects of Export Sales made – additionally to the sales figures, HSN codes of the products supplied need to be also mentioned.
● Tax Liability arising out of advance receipts.
● Tax Paid during the reporting period – it also can include taxes purchased earlier periods.
The form has got to be digitally signed just in case of a corporation or an LLP. In contrast, within the matter of a proprietorship concern, an equivalent is often signed physically.
Filing GSTR-1 directly on the GSTN portal, you can use our software, which is simpler to use. Our software accepts data from your existing accounting software and assists you to upload it to the GSTN portal. Almost all the GSPs have come up with their return filing solution.
If you like to avoid such multiple steps and bother of using a lot of software, try our software today. Its a simple to use accounting software with super fast GST return filing. It’s designed for business owners who don’t have any accounting background.