The GSTR-3B deadline for Indian Traders and business owners as well as the GSTR-5 deadline for NRIs will be over on 20th December 2019. In case you have not yet filled your October GSTR, it is high time now. All traders need to fill up their GSTR-3B returns and GSTR 5 by 20th December 2019. Apart from this, input service distributors have to file GSTR-6 returns by 13th December.
File GSTR-3B on or before December 20, 2019
Business firms and Traders have to file the GSTR-3B returns for November through December 20. The returns submitted should contain details of all sales purchases made during the period. In addition to this, it must also clearly specify the following details:
- Reverse Charge Details of all business/trade transactions carried out with trade owners whose yearly turnover is less than 20 lakhs
- Details of input tax credits
- Business is done with the interstate and unregistered dealer, and the business, tax-free product purchase along with the traders coming under the composition scheme
- Any business activity or tax-free products purchased from traders who come under the composition scheme
NRI must file GSTR-5 returns by December 20, 2019
GSTR-5 has to be filled by non-resident (NRI) registered dealers. The NRI trader/dealer must provide all details of his/her sales and purchase made during the period.
GSTR-6 to be filled on or before 13th December 2019
Traders and business owners need to file GSTR-6 returns for the period of November by 13th December 2019. GSTR-6 has to be filed by input service distributors and it contains details of input tax credit received by the business owner or trader. Most of the traders and businessmen receive input tax credit.
Offline Tools for making returns and bills on the GST Portal
USE Below links to download offline GSTR Return Forms Utility
Traders and businessmen should use this link to download GSTR return forms as well as offline tools. This is a form of ZIP file which contains the following important things:
- GSTR Return Format
- Excel Sheet for Invoice
- Uploading GST Return
Follow below steps to upload GSTR Return File :
- The taxpayer must log in to https://www.gst.gov.in/
- Click On Top Left ‘Login Option’
- Fill username and password.
- Click the upload button.
- Your GSTR return file has been uploaded successfully.
Make sure to file all your GST returns on time to avoid penalty.